Am 2015-04-17 um 12:03 schrieb Nathann Cohen:
> - A one-week delay (*) between latest commit and merge. We make sure that
> every
>   last-minute change has been made. It also gives more time for everybody to
>   look at the branch.

Reduces the risk of loosing commits, but does not exclude it.
As an example, #17221 which triggered the previous thread had been
positive_review for 12 days before a duplicate doctest was found.

Might slow down the review of chains of dependent tickets for those who rely on
tracs merge view.

> - 'Freeze' a ticket when the release manager is working on them. E.g.: change
>   its status to 'closed (merging in process)'

I like this one.

If we do not want to introduce a new status, we could use the existing "closed"
status (whose semantics make it clear that non-release-managers should not
push); when it is definitely merged, the "resolution" field could be set to
"fixed".

> - Send an (automatic) comment on a ticket when it is being processed. This
>   solves the problem (as we know what is going on) *and* explains the workflow
>   to newcomers. E.g.:
>
>       This ticket is being tested before inclusion into the next release.
> Don't
>       touch.

Similar to the previous proposal, but not easily selectable in a query.

Regards, CH