Am 2015-04-17 um 13:43 schrieb Volker Braun:
> I already proposed a cool-off period, possible but somewhat annoying.

What about blockers? Would they also have to wait two weeks? Even after .rc3 is
out with one trivial bug?

> Ideally,
> continuous integration would start merging your ticket the second you set it
> positive review. We are not there yet, but we'll do it eventually.

even when we are in release candidates phase?

> We don't need extra ticket states, we just need to agree to stop changing
> branches (or, rather, not expect to have those changes show up in Sage) at one
> of the existing states.

That is one of the possible solutions with which some developers are not happy.

> Having the release manager run after your moving  branches isn't going to
> scale.
> Then I have to unmerge your modified ticket and possible dependencies, re-run
> test, once that is finished somebody else changed their positively-reviewd
> ticket, ...

This is clear.

We somehow have to come to a conclusion.

The proposals up to now:

Never change positive_review_tickets (and adapt developer guide, see #18228)
Cool-off period
Freezing tickets once release manager starts merging them
        (various variants proposed:
        - post a comment
        - change status to closed
        - some new status)