On 2015-05-06 20:16, Clemens Heuberger wrote:
1) When the release manager starts to work on a ticket, he sets it to "closed"
in order to avoid further modification. This might lead to reopening closed
tickets when a problem arises in the merge.

2) The second part was about the "automatic merge".

For me, there is not much difference between 1) and 2): whether it's the release manager personally or some script that closes the ticket, that doesn't matter. So, my "negative reaction" was about both really.