Dima Pasechnik wrote:
> On Wednesday, 13 May 2015 17:55:17 UTC+1, leif wrote:
>
>     Volker Braun wrote:
>     > IMHO:
>     >
>     > * The package type (standard/optional/experimental) should be in a
>     file
>     > inside the package directory
>
> hmm...
>
> rather, how about SAGEROOT/build/pkg/standard/
> , SAGEROOT/build/pkg/optional/, etc?
>
> that's much more clear than all these lists...

But changing a single file in case the category changes (from optional
to standard, say) is certainly simpler (or less error-prone) than moving
the whole folder.

And we wouldn't have to change the whole bunch of build and
package-related scripts.  (With an additional file, we'd need only minor
changes to treat e.g. optional packages differently when appropriate.)

-leif