Hi,

Le 12/06/2015 11:18, Jeroen Demeyer a écrit :
On 2015-06-11 10:31, Julien Puydt wrote:
Open software is about cooperation.
Of course. The question is: what should we do if upstream does not want
to cooperate? I don't want to call names in this thread, but I have
proposed patches to many upstream projects which are part of Sage
(usually they are small bugfixes). The chances of actually getting a
patch accepted by upstream are unfortunately much smaller than I would
wish.

Some people think that Sage should only add patches to upstream packages
if they are accepted by upstream. This is frustrating, because it really
slows down Sage development.

Nothing will slow development down like dozens of forked packages to maintain, especially if upstreams consider you hostile.

There's a joke around here which one could translate as "The fastest and shortest way down is off the cliff -- I prefer hiking!"

Snark on #sagemath