On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 11:12 AM, Jori Mäntysalo <jori.mantys...@uta.fi> wrote:

> Duh. Then what he means when saying that we can ignore it for incorporation
> into Sage?

Only he can clarify that.  If he releases the source under a
GPL-compatible license, then we have evidence that he means what he
says.  His verbal permission for us to include GPL-incompatible code
into our source tree does not constitute sound legal advice.

The GPL is viral.  When we distribute Sage, any other GPL-compatible
software can incorporate any portion of Sage.  If he gives us
permission to distribute nauty under the GPL, then he's transitively
giving the Open Sniper Project (I just made that up... I hope)
permission to incorporate nauty as well.

If he gives us permission to distribute nauty, then we need to get
that permission in writing.