On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 12:47 PM, Volker Braun <vbraun.n...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The ticket already has a notice printed that tells you how to run the old
> SageNB
>
> Realistically, since we are switching to a model where notebooks are
> individual files there is always going to be somebody who won't read the
> hints. We'll have to do *that* switch anyways and it isn't going to be any
> easier if we wait.

Notebooks in sagenb are basically individual files; it's just that
they are stored as a directory tree in the filesystem.  The .sws file
that you get when you click "File --> Download" in sagenb is a file.
It represents almost exactly the same information as an ipynb file.
It is feasible to run a script that you automatically convert the
~/.sage/sagenb* (or whatever) directory into a collection of Jupyter
notebooks, say ~/.sage/jupyter.   This would make life much easier for
users who have collections of notebooks.  The hard part is
functionality that doesn't map from sagenb to jupyter, e.g.,
interacts, % modes, etc., etc.,

I wrote an sws parser, which is here in case anybody takes up
automating the above conversion (I won't):

https://github.com/sagemathinc/smc/blob/master/src/smc_pyutil/smc_pyutil/sws2sagews.py

The

William (http://wstein.org)