On Tuesday, January 26, 2016, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> For what it is worth, SageMathCloud has a buttons/lists, etc. for
>> editing markdown in Sage worksheets, and also a realtime preview
>> markdown editor for md files.  Two screenshots attached.  I also fully
>> implemented a realtime WYSIWYG editor for html and markdown a year
>> ago, but decided it wasn't up to my standards (getting realtime sync
>> to fully work well was surprisingly challenging), so I
>> disabled/removed it.
>>

> Oh yeah, I forgot that I get very confused trying to make text cells in
> SMC too :(  presumably for the same reason that I don't want to type %md -
> but I don't use SMC much (yet).  I'm surprised that there isn't more stuff
> out there trying to do fully-featured wysiwyg md editing, actually,
> obviously it is completely orthogonal to the math and of very general
> interest.  Huh.

I surprisingly don't remember even one user request for such
tinymce style wysiwyg editing for SMC.  And our users are constantly asking
for the functionality they feel they really need...  I'm very surprised by
this lack of demand. However maybe they don't know what they want.

>> --
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','sage-devel@googlegroups.com');>.

Sent from my massive iPhone 6 plus.