I am currently revising a paper that I submitted in March 2015. Parts of the
results heavily rely on computations in Sage; at that time, Sage 6.5.

It turns out that the old code no longer works with Sage 7.0. It is also
impossible to compile Sage 6.5 nowadays because the infrastructure changed (it
tries to download
http://www.sagemath.org/packages/upstream/patch/patch-2.7.1.tar.gz which no
longer exists). For completeness I mention that none of my old code triggered a
deprecation warning and that it worked 11 months ago.

Bottom line: I cannot reproduce 11 month old results anymore. Adapting the code
is a frustrating and lengthy work. And it does not solve the problem, because
new releases of Sage will again introduce changes.

At https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sage-devel/tDKb8QF97VY/tc8jFWDwQ2YJ, there
was some discussion on tests related to papers and books and the src/sage/tests
directory.

Of course, I could have opened a ticket and included my code into the
src/sage/tests directory. But I cannot imagine that this approach would scale
very well. I assume that there are many papers out there with a substantial
amount of CPU time required for reproducability.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Regards,

Clemens