On Friday, April 8, 2016 at 6:43:46 PM UTC+2, William wrote:

> this "one other problem of Sage is that it does not define
> clearly what's the public API and what's internal.

IMHO thats just not true; What you get on the commandline (i.e. from
sage.all import *) is public and the rest is not. If thats not enough (and
really nobody ever asked) we could mark extra imports as public, e.g. by
adding special sage.foo.public packages.

If there were large body of pip-installable packages, which are user
> code, this would help *define* what the public API of Sage really is,
> and also give us a much larger body of code to test against before
> making new releases.

What API design school is that? You dump code on users and whoever manages
to build the most convoluted contraption out of that will determine the
future direction of the project ;-) Where is the leadership there? Who is
going to handle the testing for each ticket, are you going to do that
yourself?