On Sunday, April 17, 2016 at 4:20:42 PM UTC+1, Dima Pasechnik wrote:

> On Sunday, April 17, 2016 at 4:15:12 PM UTC+1, William wrote:
>>
>> Dima:
>> > sorry, William, I don't see what you mean.
>> [...]
>> > 2) Putting data on your computer does not equal to installing crud on
>> your
>> > computer, although people wearing tinfoil hats
>> > might disagree.
>>
>> They do disagree.  And they are right.
>

> Why would they trust somebody putting hundreds of megabytes of 3rd party
> sources into Sage? Is it because we mislead them into thinking that we did
> some kind of source review?

they actually would be less paranoid about having the 3rd party from its
original source rather than re-packaged, and this is precisely a part of my
proposal. And, by the
way, http://doc.devpi.net/latest/quickstart-pypimirror.html
is precisely a way to create a mini-repo containing only things needed by
Sage.

Anyhow, it seems that what I propose is not rrrrevolutional enough to merit
a normal discussion. :-(