On Sunday, May 8, 2016 at 6:19:17 PM UTC+2, William wrote:

> > b) modifying a shared library in the destination /tmp/sage-dev/ has no
> > effect until you relink the binary/cython extension that uses it.
>
> Can you elaborate on b slightly?  I don't understand for sure.

Say, you go to the copy /tmp/sage-dev and then

1) check out a branch with a different mpir verision
2) just install mpir with sage -p mpir

then sage will still use the libmpir.so from /projects. To use the changed
library you'll have to recompile all dependencies (by running make, or sage
-f mpir). Until then the rpaths point back to /projects