Dear William,

Sorry to have sounded frightened by *you* : I'm frightened by the amount of
*my* ignorance...

Since it seems that I'm (almost) alone among Sage users to be interested by
the development of an interface to R, I'm exploring the options. And I'm
trying to understand things I was used to *use* (as you use your car
without thinking about the thousands of engeenering problems that had to be
solved to make it "just run"). So I try to list all the possible solutions
and ranking them also by a very personal criterion : the amount of knew
knowledge I will need to use them... Your description of Jupyter kernels
makes me put it at the extremity of my list...

You do not have to convince me that pexpect is a poor way to do it : I'm
convinced : the data interchange involves a serious amount of playing fast
and loose with Python and R dumps. Not quite steamlined...

Sincerely,

--
Emmanuel Charpentier