On Sunday, December 25, 2016 at 12:31:27 PM UTC, Volker Braun wrote:

> The ~/.gitolite/logs/ may have some clues about what is going on...

no, it doesn't, IMHO. Further, there are two (almost)copies of keystore/,
one in ~/.gitolite/, and  the
other in /srv/trac/sage_trac/gitolite-admin/.
The public key in question is in the latter, but not in the former.
I just copied it by hand now, not sure if it has had any effect.

(I am at loss to describe the design where the same data is stored
in 3 different places... :-))

Dima