That's clearly something we need.
If the student is good and fast, (s)he can also try to implement the
split-decomposition which is a generalization of modular decomposition that
can be computed in linear time (roughly finds complete bipartite graph
separators).

Also, we could consider adding efficient implementations of several
graph-traversals like LexBFS.

David.