I have an idea for a project but no time this year for mentoring (maybe
next one)

The idea boils down to develop a random testing framework to find (in some
way minimal) failing examples (wrong answers or crashes)
using bots (like running patchbot to test sage).

So if someone is willing, able and capable to take over this project, just
do it

Jakob