On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 8:40:06 PM UTC+1, mmarco wrote:

> I am not sure I will have time to be a mentor this year, but I would like
> to propose porting rubi to sage:

The main tasks would be:
1. implement missing symbolic functions (Meijer-G, Appell, etc.)
2. convert the ruleset to an efficient algorithm that minimizes pattern
matchings

The initial implementation could be in Python. I can help with (or even
take over) #1 but I'm not available as mentor. As to #2 the rubi author
apparently stated that he would develop a decision tree in version 5.
One would have to contact the author to check his progress.

The beauty of the task is that any part of it would be useful, i.e., it can
be
fully done incrementally. Part 1 Algebraic for example would need the
symbolic
AppellF1 function because it can result from the integrals

integrate((a+b*x)^m * (c+d*x)^n * (e+f*x)^p, x)
integrate((a+b*x)^m * (c+d*x^2)^n, x)
integrate((a+b*x)^m * (c+d*x^p)^q, x)

Any other symbolic function needed for Part 1 already exists in Sage.
Incidentally, does anyone know how to efficiently compute AppellF1
numerically?

Regards,