I'm good with doing the category framework. I can also help with doing
installations as needed, but IMO, that is best as an hour 1 thing because
it can take so long to source build (since we want them to become more
towards developers). You might want to encourage people to have at least
some working version of Sage installed, although past experience tells me
this doesn't happen as often as one wants.

Best,
Travis

On Wednesday, November 8, 2017 at 2:33:13 AM UTC+10, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:

> On 2017-11-07 12:26, mmarco wrote:
> > I have to clarify: Tomer Bauer did not volunteer to give a talk about
> > creating extensions;
>
> "extensions" in which sense? I'm guessing Sage packages.
>
> Within Python, the word "extension" usually refers to a Python module
> written in C as in https://docs.python.org/3/extending/index.html
> But I don't think that this is what you mean here.

My guess is that pip installable packages built on top of Sage. IMO, runs
somewhat contrary to getting people to develop for Sage, not on top of.

Best,
Travis