You have some files with the wrong permissions set on them.  When you
write "I decided to rebuild the newest version of sage on my new
computer" were you building in the same directory as before, or from
scratch in a new clone of the repository?  I ask because it's doubtful
that an upgrade from some 2 year old version of Sage will work
cleanly, and it's probably better if you start from a clean
repository.

That said, even if you did a `git pull` to update to the latest
develop branch I don't know why those files would have incorrect
permissions.  But try running `chmod -R a-X build/pkgs/*/spkg-*`.
On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 6:30 PM Kathryn Burton <knburto...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Attached is the log for the patch. Thanks so much for all your help!
>

> On Mon, Sep 17, 2018 at 6:47 PM John H Palmieri <jhpalmier...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> The file attached to the post ends with the log for patch:
>>

>>> [patch-2.7.5] Found local metadata for patch-2.7.5
>>> [patch-2.7.5] Using cached file
>>> /Users/knburton12/Downloads/sage-master/upstream/patch-2.7.5.tar.gz
>>> [patch-2.7.5] patch-2.7.5
>>> [patch-2.7.5] ====================================================
>>> [patch-2.7.5] Setting up build directory for patch-2.7.5
>>> [patch-2.7.5] Finished extraction
>>> [patch-2.7.5] No patch files found in ../patches
>>> [patch-2.7.5]
>>> [patch-2.7.5] spkg-install should not be marked executable in the
>>> build/pkgs directory
>>> [patch-2.7.5]
>>> [patch-2.7.5] Please email sage-devel
>>> (http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel)
>>> [patch-2.7.5] explaining the problem and including the log file