Ok, thanks for the feedback.  This isn't a high priority right now,
but it was just one my mind at the moment so I wanted to put the idea
out there.  I'll plan to split it out to a stand-alone package when I
get there (probably it will be one of the last things to do before we
can claim full Python 3 support).