On Tuesday, October 2, 2018 at 10:52:43 AM UTC-4, Jeroen Demeyer wrote:

> On 2018-10-02 16:50, kcrisman wrote:
> > Thanks, Thierry.  Sounds like we need a ticket for this.
>
> I assume you mean a Snappy ticket since the problem with Snappy is
> completely unrelated to Sage.

Oh!  I guess that is probably the case, since sage -pip is just pip really
except with a few variables? Actually there is one:
https://bitbucket.org/t3m/snappy/issues/13/trouble-with-installing-snappy-in-sagemath

(But nonetheless I still mean a Sage ticket to keep track of upstream; if
users can't use Snappy, they can't use Sage-related behavior.)