On Mon, 5 Nov 2018, François Bissey wrote:

Didn’t we have that conversation a couple of months ago?
The message here comes from this section of code in sage-env

else
   # No idea what SAGE_ROOT should be...
   echo >&2 "Error: You must set the SAGE_ROOT environment variable or run this"
   echo >&2 "script from the SAGE_ROOT or SAGE_ROOT/local/bin/ directory."
   return 1

OK, so I just hardcoded this by commenting out return 1 and putting

NEW_SAGE_ROOT=/home/jupkernelit/sage-8.4

instead. Now it at works, including graphich. Sorry for the noise.

Now it's time for polyamory, i.e. getting also shibboleth ready. But that will be off-topic for this list.

--
Jori Mäntysalo