Hi,

On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 08:48:58AM +0000, 'Martin R. Albrecht' via sage-devel
wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> Works without a hitch here (Debian/testing, Sage 8.4). I have been planning
> on doing this over the years but never got around to it, so really cool to
> see that you did. Nice work!

It was on my todo list for a while too, since our implementations are very
slow. Here "very" means "prohibitively", since some systems can not be
solved with Sage in decent time (via Singular), while FGb could solve them
quickly. A colleague of mine had to do a lot of tricks to solve a research
problem with Sage, and was disapointed when he discovered that FGb could
have saved him hours of hard work during a seminar, where a Maple user
showed him the Groebner basis. See also the related questions on
ask.sagemath.org for concrete examples.

Unfortunately, the fact that is is neither free-software nor open-source
made it lower on my todo list. I wonder whether it could be possible to
kindly ask J.C. Faugere to free his code, especially since his work on
this is founded by the (french) public service.

Thanks a lot for the work !

Ciao,
Thierry