parisse <bernard.pari...@ujf-grenoble.fr> writes:
> Le jeudi 22 novembre 2018 10:11:39 UTC+1, Thierry (sage-googlesucks@xxx) a
> écrit :
>>
>> Hi,
>>

>> It was on my todo list for a while too, since our implementations are very
>> slow. Here "very" means "prohibitively", since some systems can not be
>> solved with Sage in decent time (via Singular), while FGb could solve them
>> quickly.
>

> That's not correct, Sage has a wrapper to Giac which has fast GB code and
> is also open-source. I really wonder why it seems to be ignored.

Hi,

speaking of Giac (sorry, if this should rather be on sage-support or off-list):

Can I get the degree reached during the computation and the sizes of the
matrices considered out somehow?

Rationale: In crypto, we usually want to see if the system under consideration
behaves like a random-system despite not being one. One way of testing this is
to compute the degree of semi-regularity for a semi-regular sequence and
compare with the degree reached during a GB computation of an actual instance.

Cheers,
Martin

--

_pgp: https://keybase.io/martinralbrecht