Le 10/01/2019 à 04:47, Nathan Dunfield a écrit :

P.S. In the Debian package "sage" does not accept the "-pip" flag, even
though installing the "sagemath" package does pull in "pip" (tested on a
clear Sid Docker container).  Why is this?  I ask because our current
instructions for installing SnapPy into SageMath use "sage -pip".

The sage script in Debian is indeed a restricted version of the
original sage script (to avoid messing up with the system). You
can just use the pip from the system. That works fine if you
source the environment variables first:

$ source /usr/share/sagemath/bin/sage-env
$ pip install surface_dynamics --user

Best wishes
Vincent