On Tue, May 28, 2019 at 1:50 PM Christian Stump
<christian.st...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Dima! -- here is the requested information:
>
> It's a fresh install, config.log is attached. In just this moment, the system
> admin told me that he was able to compile sage-8.6 using the standard gcc
> compiler by RHEL6 (this is copy-and-paste, I don't know what that means),
> while the error remains compiling sage-8.7.
>
> $ find /usr/ -name libgmpxx.so*
> find: `/usr/lib64/audit': Permission denied
> /usr/lib64/libgmpxx.so
> /usr/lib64/libgmpxx.so.4
> /usr/lib64/libgmpxx.so.4.1.0
>
> $  find /usr/ -name libgmp.so*
> find: `/usr/lib64/audit': Permission denied
> /usr/lib64/libgmp.so
> /usr/lib64/libgmp.so.3.5.0
> /usr/lib64/libgmp.so.3
> /usr/lib64/openssl/engines/libgmp.so

your gmp looks old (or perhaps unmatched versions of gmp and gmpxx).
Can you ask for a recent GMP/GMPXX version (6.1, say) to be installed?

or indeed use Sage's mpir or gmp, by running

./configure --with-mp=mpir
make

(see the output of ./configure -h for more details)

The gfan problem looks unrelated to gmp, it's more about something
weird in LD_LIBRARY_PATH or something like this.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-devel/CAAWYfq0PXP1iYW_WaJBVA6FbgV-HyvWZvxXwhwQdEpODfFhuyw%40mail.gmail.com.