On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 2:02 PM DIVESH KUMAR
<f20170...@pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in> wrote:

> ~/Downloads/SageMath/upstream$ md5sum pyzmq-19.0.0.tar.gz
> 4650e45ebcf8e08620211c0e720d6066  pyzmq-19.0.0.tar.gz
>
> ~/Downloads/SageMath/build/pkgs/pyzmq$ md5sum checksums.ini
> eaae91b6017353df47f8f4f1415c07d7  checksums.ini

I talked about the contents of  checksums.ini, i.e.

tarball=pyzmq-VERSION.tar.gz
sha1=b84077344ed67649f34d4af8f619d96acbd03e73
md5=4650e45ebcf8e08620211c0e720d6066
cksum=2135729608

not its own md5sum. Anyhow, it appears that everything is OK, and the
build should use the copy
in ~/Downloads/SageMath/upstream/

What happens if you just run

make

?

Are you able to build any other packages? Where have you go the source from?
via git? if yes, what tag and from where, if tarball, where from?
What (Linux?) system are you using?