First of all, I thank you for your prompt replies and please spare me for
my mistakes as I am a beginner.

*Contents of checksum.ini*

> tarball=pyzmq-VERSION.tar.gz
>
> sha1=64799b73d6109fb6da5b7deb6101ba13cd7fe885
>
> md5=3c8039d007bbbd08a2275f52f5dc9a35
>
> cksum=1455168757

* make command returns this*

> configure: error:
> "/home/diveshcode/Downloads/SageMath/build/pkgs/sage_conf/type" is missing.

If you would like to try to build Sage anyway (to help porting),

export the variable 'SAGE_PORT' to something non-empty.

Makefile:39: recipe for target 'build/make/Makefile' failed

make[1]: *** [build/make/Makefile] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/diveshcode/Downloads/SageMath'

Makefile:31: recipe for target 'base-toolchain' failed

make: *** [base-toolchain] Error 2

upon doing
export SAGE_PORT=1
make
the error returned is

> Error building Sage.
>

>> The following package(s) may have failed to build (not necessarily
>
> during this run of 'make all-start'):
>

>> * package: pyzmq-19.0.0
>
>   log file: /home/diveshcode/Downloads/SageMath/logs/pkgs/pyzmq-19.0.0.log
>
>   build directory:
>> /home/diveshcode/Downloads/SageMath/local/var/tmp/sage/build/pyzmq-19.0.0
>

>> The build directory may contain configuration files and other potentially
>
> helpful information. WARNING: if you now run 'make' again, the build
>
> directory will, by default, be deleted. Set the environment variable
>
> SAGE_KEEP_BUILT_SPKGS to 'yes' to prevent this.
>

>> Makefile:31: recipe for target 'all-start' failed
>
> make[1]: *** [all-start] Error 1
>
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/diveshcode/Downloads/SageMath'
>
> Makefile:13: recipe for target 'all' failed
>
> make: *** [all] e 2

I have cloned the git repository from  git://git.sagemath.org//sage.git

I am using Ubuntu 18.04.

As I haven't done any signification modifications can I clone sage again
and link it with my trac account(which is already linked to the current
directory).

Thank you for your time.
Cheers.