On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 8:29 PM, Vincent Knight <knigh...@cf.ac.uk> wrote:
> Emphasising that I really don't know what the job is so I'd need a patient
> soul to hold my hand the first time around. As a result I obviously
> understand if someone else would be best.

Hi, they are basically adopting an old script to read in trac and git
data and output a "traditional" text file. I guess they'll write this
faster than we are mailing around here.

Said that, there is actually a gaping lack where you can help if you
are motivated enough: This release log lists all changes in a rather
boring way. Some of these changes are actually really cool new
features, but they get buried down in that list. What would be helpful
is a blog post, where important new features are presented
(description, copy/paste of some example code, screenshot, plot, ...
).

This blogpost is then tagged best with a label "sage" and these "sage"
posts will then be automatically included here:
http://planet.sagemath.org/
(essentially, the atom/rss feed for only this "sage" tag is copied
into this page)

I've cross-posted this mail to the sage-marketing list, since it is
actually about dissemination.

... and now i've gone through the list and stumbled about these uncut diamonds:

http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/15150 <- combinatorics, i think
http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/15433 <- OSX 10.9 port (important)
http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/9411 <- elliptic curves
http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/10132 <- geometry, huge patch
http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/15392 <- maybe also interesting?
http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/12083 <- cool TikZ plots !
http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/15311 <- Hall Algebra?
http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/14998 <- group theory
http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/15322 <- combinatorics, some addiitonal stuff
http://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/10358 <- OEIS fixed

Of course, I'm sure you do not know much about all this. Neither do I.
Still, I think it's possible to write something up by going through
the doctests. I can also offer to help if we share this somehow.

Harald