On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 3:27 PM, Niles Johnson <nil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to do some of this too, although I'm not very clear on how it
> would be organized

good question.

in the spirit of "dogfeeding" us our own stuff, we could start to
collaborate at cloud.sagemath.org. everyone who wants to do this, drop
me an email.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogfooding

>  Could
> people who've been working on closing a big ticket send us an
> announcement?

That would be really good, also for things that have been added in the
last several releases, because it is probably still noteworthy!

> Would we organize a schedule for posting the feature
> announcements? (Maybe one or two every couple of days after the
> release?)

I would rather see how it turns out and we can then agree piece by
piece when it is ready to be sent out.

> Whatever the answers are, it seems useful to look at a trac query for
> the tickets merged in a particular release but organized by component:
>
> http://trac.sagemath.org/query?status=closed&milestone=sage-5.13&group=component&col=id&col=summary&col=milestone&col=status&col=priority&col=author&order=priority

Yes, such a list is certainly helpful!

Harald