Perhaps we could try it anyways. Is there any concrete reason this is the
"end of a release cycle"?

It's not my fault if my ticket goes unreviewed for weeks and then suddenly
it's just seemingly arbitrarily the end of the release cycle that wasn't
communicated.

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019, 13:30 Volker Braun <vbraun.n...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I reviewed the ticket but rather not merge it at the last minute. Imho its
> quite possible that it breaks something on lesser-used platforms so we
> should merge it at the beginning of a release cycle, not the end.
>

> On Friday, June 14, 2019 at 10:59:37 AM UTC+2, E. Madison Bray wrote:
>>
>> Could somebody please review the following ticket:
>> https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/27721
>>
>> It has been stalled for weeks now for no good reason other than, I
>> presume, lack of availability for someone to review it.
>>
>> I would really like this ticket to be resolved and merged before making
>> an 8.8 release because it's a regression that was introduced earlier in the
>> 8.8 development.
>>
>> On Fri, Jun 14, 2019, 08:40 Volker Braun <vbrau...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> As always, you can get the latest beta version from the "develop" git
>>> branch. Alternatively, the self-contained source tarball is at
>>> http://www.sagemath.org/download-latest.html
>>>

>>> 8df690fd2a (tag: 8.8.rc1) Updated SageMath version to 8.8.rc1
>>> 8555a05c7d Trac #27467: weak order of permutations broken
>>> 82e9b286db Trac #27883: AsymptoticRing: pass log-function more
>>> systematically

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sage-release/CAOTD34a37Xf9%2B%2B%3D8bNg7htnRBY_GmnE17EeYRPWbikfYmUg5JA%40mail.gmail.com.