There are three free public SAGE Notebooks on sage.math. First off one
can define equations and inequalities. EXAMPLES: g = 5*x^2 - 3 == 50 h
= x + 1 < 30
Second one can plot 2D functions. EXAMPLES: plot(x^2).show() plot(sin(x)).show()

Your son could write programs to explore algebra 2 concepts. He would
use the Python language.

Notebook addresses:
sagenb.org
sagenb.com