I have an asus eee sitting around... I put eeexbuntu on it so its not
running the original os (btw, I recommend this... but there must be
downsides)

I could easily nail it up to the net so you could ssh into it which
supports using vnc to view the screen though most of what you'd need
would probably "just work" over ssh (with the right ports forwarded).

Its also running openvpn... so if you wanted to go whole hog... but ssh
gets you most of the way.

links I had in a tomboy note:

http://wiki.eeeuser.com/ubuntu:eeexubuntu:home

------------------------------

http://ubuntucare.com/2007/12/11/ubuntu-on-the-asus-eee-pc-part-1/

actually at:

http://www.sampletheweb.com/2007/12/09/ubuntu-on-the-asus-eee-pc-part-1-or-how-to-run-a-functional-ubuntu-install-off-a-usb-drive/

and here's the ubuntu docs on it:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/EeePC

Let me know.

-glenn

--
Glenn H. Tarbox, PhD    | Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your
ideas