Slax linux is created by the purpose of "moible". It means:
      running applications without installation.

If you want to use Sage in our way , you have to do:

1. prepare one 2G pendriver;
2. download "slax-6.0.7.tar" from www.slax.org, tar it and copy all
extracted files to pendrive, just only 2 directory, root and boot.
This size is about 200mb.
3.  download the following files in
ftp://math.cgu.edu.tw/pub/slax/modules/python:
     Sage-3.0.1.lzm, python-2.5.2.lzm
     and put them in the directory on pendriver: $PenDriver/slax/
optional/python
4. make pendriver bootable: enter $PenDriver/boot.
    a) Execute " > ./bootinst.sh /dev/sda1" in Linux system where /dev/
sda1 is the device recognized by system;
   b) In Microsoft windowns: Execute "cmd" and enter $PenDriver, for
instance, d:\boot, execute
       " bootinst.bat d:"
5. Change boot sequence: Press "F2" enter BIOS as startup from EeePC,
choose [boot] and set EeePC boot from PenDriver first.

Now restart EeePC waits for a moment, You will see Slax Desktop, open
shell,  activate Sage and python modules by the following commands:

 > activate /mnt/live/mnt/sda1/slax/optional/python/python-2.5.2.lzm
 > activate /mnt/live/mnt/sda1/slax/optional/python/Sage-3.0.1.lzm
 > sage

If above is too complicated for you, you can also use:
a) use "synaptics" install Python-2.5
b) download Sage-binary, extract it and run; (tested and works OK in
my EeePC)

Or I can create ISO image (about 1.2G if you want) including our
remastered SLAX linux, including Sage, CAS, fully Python environment,
VPython, SimPy, pygame, Fenics/Dolfin, TeXmacs and examples etc. With
the similar procedue, PenDriver can be made as a mobile Linux system
supporting Sage and others.

In Taiwan, I had sent such pendriver distro's as present for
introducing Linux scientific Computation/Visualization  Environment.

Hope this can help you.