On 08/21/2008 02:02:47 PM, Mike Hansen wrote:

> > For example, is there NO WAY to draw a horizontal or vertical line
> > using parametric_plot?
>
> This is one way:
>
> sage: def xt(t): return t
> sage: def yt(t): return 1
> sage: parametric_plot((xt,yt), -2, 2)
>
> --Mike

Well, you know, this might be the clue I was looking for. And I suppose that
this points up the idea mentioned earlier that knowledge of Python might be
a prerequisite for really using sage. I wasn't aware that I could pass t to
xt and yt without explicitly calling xt(t) and yt(t), and doing it your way
seems to avoid the 'sage.rings.integer.Integer' object is not callable problem.