On Sep 21, 2008, at 23:35 , mabshoff wrote:
> On Sep 21, 11:27 pm, "Justin C. Walker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]
>> Anyone seen this?
>
> This is the same crap issue you hit when building 3.1.2.rc-something,
> i.e. emacs is linked against Apple's libnpng while launching it from
> hg causes it to pick up "out" linpng. Results in *boom*. You can work
> around this by writing an emacs script in SAGE_LOCAL/bin that sets
> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to the old DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and then launches
> emacs.
>
> Is someone can find out where Apple has its modifications to libpng
> this issue can be resolved.

Hard to say where they keep it, but they (Apple) appear to be using
1.2.24, while we (Sage) appear to be using 1.2.22 (assuming these are
version numbers).  Might that be the cause?

I'll see if I can find out where the source is; if Apple made changes,
they should be available (ether directly from Apple, or from upstream
- assuming the license requires this, of course.  Does it?).

It's bedtime for me; early class field theory tomorrow.  Thanks for
the response.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-at-Large