On Sep 22, 8:41 pm, "Justin C. Walker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sep 21, 2008, at 23:35 , mabshoff wrote:

Hi Justin,

> > On Sep 21, 11:27 pm, "Justin C. Walker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > This is the same crap issue you hit when building 3.1.2.rc-something,
> > i.e. emacs is linked against Apple's libnpng while launching it from
> > hg causes it to pick up "out" linpng. Results in *boom*. You can work
> > around this by writing an emacs script in SAGE_LOCAL/bin that sets
> > DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to the old DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH and then launches
> > emacs.
>
> Well, that worked.  I actually used SAGE_ORIG_{LD,DYLD}_LIBRARY_PATH
> to get it to work in all the cases I tried (and had to check the
> $XXX_SET variables as well).  Thanks for the work-around.

No problem, good that it works for you.

> > Is someone can find out where Apple has its modifications to libpng
> > this issue can be resolved.
>
> I'll guess that it's a difference between versions (1.2.22 vs.
> 1.2.24), but I can't find old source on the libpng site, and it
> doesn't show up on the Darwin site (which I infer means that they did
> not change anything).  I'll poke further, but if anyone has a better
> idea, speak up!

I am playing with libpng-1.2.32 since that is the latest release and
also has a boatload of security updates since the lowly 1.2.22 that we
ship. Hopefully this will resolve the symbol missing issues. I am
testing 3.1.3.alpha0 on OSX 10.5 to see if I can hit any of those
problems.

> Justin

Cheers,

Michael