Dear Burcin,

I still don't get it.

On Nov 18, 9:51 am, Burcin Erocal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Second attempt:
> >   Import 'foo' in all examples (there is 'foo.so' in the directory)
> >   Result: ImportError: No module named foo
>
> But this should.

First setting: foo.so is in the current directory, and I do "from foo
import bar".
Result: no module named foo

Second setting: foo.so is in SAGE_LOCAL/lib/.
Result: no module named foo

Hence:
> Sage seems to include the current directory in the module search path
> (sys.path). This is not the case for doctesting. I think using the
> SAGE_PATH variable in general is a better approach.

But shouldn't SAGE_LOCAL/lib/ belong to the Sage path?

Why do (almost) all doc tests from the Sage sources pass? What is the
difference to the second setting?

Cheers
      Simon