Hi Robert,

In my understanding the changes only affect the latex display, not for
example the print command:

dummy = 0.60001;dummy
0.600010000000000

latex(dummy)
0.60001

print(dummy)
0.600010000000000

What do you mean by real numbers of different precisions being printed
the same?

dummy = RealField(8)(sqrt(2));dummy
1.4

dummy2 = RealField(16)(sqrt(2));dummy2
1.414

latex(dummy)
1.4

latex(dummy2)
1.414

This did not work before the fix. Could you give an example for
something that you expect not to work after the fix?

Cheers
Stan