Hi Robert,

Will the fix of the interaction with Maxima allow conservation of
precision of arguments passed through Maxima? This would satisfy my
needs. Depending on how long this is going to take, I would like Mike's
interim fix to be implemented. It doesn't make anything worse compared
with the current state, as currently latexification gives a false sense
of precision, anyway. This does certainly not fit my definition of
usefulness. We would just have to make sure that the interim fix is
removed again when the maxima interaction is fixed.

Stan