> Maybe they contain the revision history?   That could make them big.

Was just downloading one now and basically it just does
cd
into the appropriate directory and then
tar -jcf "name_of_file_downloaded" "number_of_that_worksheet"
which means it is bzipping EVERYTHING, including all the snapshots and
images (including ones in deleted cells, see #5177) into one
gargantuan mess.

This seems inefficient.  Does anyone have any ideas about what a
better solution could be?  I assume that some people (maybe not me)
want to keep various large computed objects (pickles? is that what
they're called) in their worksheets, so just having a text version
might not work.  (Though to be honest that should be an option too, if
it isn't already.)  But might there be ways to trim the fat from these
files for worksheets, like 95% of mine, that really don't need a
million snapshots etc.?

I would be willing to at least attempt to implement any ideas on this
which lie within my admittedly tiny scripting talents.

- kcrisman