I have issue with both the idea and implementation of password-less
access.  I don't understand how it works well, but it seems a lot like
keeping your password in an unencrypted file--if someone got access to
my computer for a short time (e.g. via some uncaught spyware) and
copied the public key, they could access my files anytime until I
realized it and changed the key.  However, if this is the way to do
things, I'll take that risk.  Is there a more user-friendly (Windows)
guide to this?  I've been trying to set up the keys both manually on
the server and with the built-in function on SSH Secure Shell Client
3.2.9.  When I create the keys manually on the server, change
permissions, then transfer them to my computer, I get the error
"failed to read your public key...".  On the other hand, when I use
the client to create the keys and upload to the server, it says
everything is working properly, but then fails to actually authorize
to connect and still prompts for password.  I've tried variations
(using .ssh or .ssh2, subdirectories) to no avail. The server OS is
SunOS 5.8.

Thanks,
Evan