Hello,
I'm a happy user of SAGE, and I won't stop thanking all you guys for
this wonderful job! Although, I also try to encourage you in getting
something better (from my point of view).

It seems there has been some serious thinking about including a UNITS
of MEASUREMENTS managing package in SAGE:
http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_frm/thread/8791448b7a303ce9/9dc4cc27e6d4eafb?lnk=gst&q=units#9dc4cc27e6d4eafb

>From this, a SAGE trac ticket has been opened (#3852):

This is supposed to be a MAJOR priority ticket, and I think this is a
very appropriate description!
The ticket has a very good (although a bit old now) description of the
different packages available to deal with units in Python. One of the
options, was the units package included in Enthought. This had the
issue of being under refactoring at that time.

The actual situation seems to be that the Enthought package has not
been changed (https://svn.enthought.com/enthought/ticket/1524) because
of some priority issues in that community (very understandable!), but
another interesting package was born from this Enthought discussion:
the "quantities" package:
http://packages.python.org/quantities/
http://dale.chess.cornell.edu/chess-wiki/Quantities

As I can see, this has already been mentioned in a comment to our trac
ticket, but with no response.

Honestly, I am not able to understand whether this is good enough to
be included in SAGE, neither I am able of understanding how much
refactoring this would need to make this compatible to all the
wonderful symbolic capabilities of SAGE, but nonetheless I think that
getting something working at least in the numeric domain, could be
very useful

With this, I'm not proposing this package over others (for example,
Unum looks very mature, but outdated), I'm just asking if one of you
can spend some minutes to review our trac ticket about units of
measurement (#3852), and to take some other decision about it.

Thank you so much

Maurizio