I am running sage 3.4 on OS X.  I get the well known jsmath fonts
messages when I try to view a notebook worksheet from my work
computer.  Our work PCs are so locked down that I cannot install
additional fonts there, so I need to address this on the server end.

I have spent hours reading the docs, messages and trac entries info
about jsmath fonts, but I haven't found a solution yet.  I tried
manually installing the 80 MB of jsmath image fonts on the sage
server.   That didn't do it.

I then tried:

  sage -i jsmath-3.6a.p0, but that did nothing, as it claimed the
fonts were already installed.

I tried  sage -f jsmath-3.6a.p0 - that at least claimed to install the
fonts.  I restarted sage, and rebooted the work PC, but I still got
the jsmath warnings, and ugly latex output.

I then tried, inside sage:  install_package('jsmath-image-
fonts-1.3p1')

I restarted sage, and rebooted the work PC, but I still got the jsmath
warnings, and ugly latex output.

What else should I try?  Other than this small issue, sage is
wonderful.

Kevin Horton