> By works correctly, I mean that Firefox displays the nicely rendered
> equations, while IE only displays raw latex code.

OK, thanks for the clarification.  I had misunderstood.  In Firefox,
can you click on the "jsMath" button in the lower right and tell me
what font mode is reported next to the jsMath version number?

> For some reason, the fall back to image fonts is not working for me,
> using my sage server on OS X, and viewing the worksheet on a PC
> running IE7.  I don't know if there is a problem with the image font
> installation in sage, a jsMath problem, or an IE problem.  But, as
> long as Firefox will work, I am happy, and feel no need to spend more
> time on this issue.  But, if you think there could be a jsMath bug
> that you want to investigate, I would be happy to help out.

I suspect it is probably an installation problem with the image
fonts.  In any case, I'm happy not to spend any more time on it
myself.

Davide