May be I reinventing bicycle ?

Could anyone comment whether something familiar has been already known ?

I want to play mathematics with my kid and colleagues with the help of Sage.
Is it a bad idea ?

Serge A. Salamanka

Serge Salamanka пишет:
> This is very simple and effective but not for the task I'm heading for.
>
> It might be better to start from the idea itself.
>
> SageWorld is mathematical world where everyone could create mathematical
> objects and operate them to win a certain battle.
> For example, the world in 3D space with physical laws and its constants:
> SageWarrior creates there an object according to the rules existing in
> this SageWorld. SageWarrior owns this object until he is available to
> control its behavior. The task and challenge is to occupy more space or
> to control more objects.
> In a way it is just for the game )))
> But perhaps would be practically useful.
>
> So I need tools to make one separate session for SageWorld with its own
> behavior and the tools to connect to this session by users and
> manipulate objects.
> Thus the SageWar begins. :)
>
> Serge
>
> William Stein пишет:
>> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 5:01 PM, Serge Salamanka <salsa-...@tut.by> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I wonder how it is possible to make a common shared objects space for
>>> all of the users on the Sage server ?
>> If X is any object in any Sage session then any user can type
>>
>> save(X, '/tmp/name.sobj')
>>
>> and any other user can load X by typing
>>
>> X = load('/tmp/name.sobj')
>>
>> That basically accomplishes what you asked for, right?
>>
>>  -- William
>>> The idea is to make available the mathematical space to users providing
>>> that they all can have access from within their own sessions to a common
>>> session.
>>>
>>> As far as I understand:
>>> I propose to install server as multiuser app with unix accounts.
>>> Each user runs IPython shell when working with Sage (also from notebook).
>>> There is a need to make the user objects accessible to others (say, like
>>> to work in the same session).
>>> The best would be even to use ACLs for controlling access to objects
>>> (say, another user cannot modify object but only read and use it).
>>>
>>> Could you please point me to the right direction.
>>>
>>> I suppose I should look for this somewhere in python functionality ?
>>>
>>> Comments are welcome.
>>>
>>> Serge

begin:vcard
fn:Serge A. Salamanka
n:Salamanka;Serge A.
org:National Academy of Sciences of Belarus;Laboratory of High Performance Systems
adr:;;;Minsk;;;Belarus
email;internet:salsa-...@tut.by
title:Software engineer
x-mozilla-html:FALSE