On Apr 29, 2009, at 3:00 PM, Serge Salamanka wrote:

> Is it a good idea to share objects between python processes with the
> help of any database ?
> Can't still find any decent tool for sharing objects. Saving and
> them in Sage seems to be a simple approach for user but not for an
> application to run.

Though this isn't quite what you're looking for, it would be nice to
be able to "publish" an object just like one publishes a worksheet on
a public server. It would then give a url where the .sobj can be
downloaded (by anyone, so to send you an object I would write in a
notebook cell)

publish(a)
http://sagenb.org/pub/unique_name.sobj

which would return a url that's good as long as the server is live,
and you could send it to someone (e.g. via email or chat) and they
could load it with load("http://sagenb.org/pub/unique_name.sobj";).
 From the command line it could perhaps just save it as a file and
return the filename.

- Robert