> If I recall correctly, there
> was an exception in the deprecation made for numerical integrals and
> plotting of single-variable functions.  Perhaps there should have been
> an exception for find_root as well?  Or perhaps the syntax to find_root

That would seem reasonable, if there is only one variable.
Particularly since it calls scipy and the code in there does tricks
like fx = func(x,*args).  The problem is that you shouldn't have to
declare f(x)=x+e^x (say) and only then use find_root.

> should be changed so that we specify the variable:
>
> find_root(f, (x, a, b)) or find_root(f, x, a, b) or something.

scipy.optimize._zeros seems to be where the magic happens, but I can't
tell what that does upon introspection - perhaps it's compiled, it's
a .so file.  But it doesn't appear to take a variable as input.

Also interesting, though presumably unrelated, is the fact that I
don't get the deprecation warnings in the notebook after the first
time they appear - perhaps that is by design.

- kcrisman