When I say I cannot move the sage folder, I mean, it just jumps back
into the .dmg package with NO complaints or error messages. I have no
evidence of any problem with my OSX
(I downloaded 3.4 about 3 or 4 weeks ago with no problems). I also re-
downloaded both with Firefox and with Safari. Always the same result.

The README.text file includes

 ** WARNING ** If you get an error copying the folder do the
following:
    Do not drag the the folder out of the dmg image. Use the
    shell (via Terminal) and do a
     "cp -R -P /Volumes/sage-2.9.2-OSX10.4-intel-i386-Darwin/sage ."
    from the location where you want to install to. Adjust the name of
the
    Volume as needed.

This is why I think there may be a mix-up, since the G4 is NOT an
Intel machine...

Thanks, Michael,
armand