Kevin Horton wrote:
> On 12 May 2009, at 10:56, Marky Marc wrote:
>
>> I'm brand new to sage and have just read "Sage for Newbies". Thanks
>> Ted kosan for that. I have several questions.
>>
>> Immediately I wanted to do some work with sage and am loath to just do
>> maths without documenting things as I go. Thus I really want to know
>> how to use "Usage Styles", which are mentioned in Kosan's book but not
>> documented yet.  Where can I get info on "Usage Styles"?
>>
>> Or, at the very least, I'm happy to use print statements, but how do I
>> print arbitrary TeX math's for markup by jsMath? (ie just as
>> documentation, not by using show(.) on objects.)
>>

> It is worth looking at some of the notebook worksheets on the sage
> public server:
>
> http://www.sagenb.org/pub
>
> You can download copies of any of the public worksheets, then load the
> copy onto your server.  Or, create your own account on the sage public
> server, and edit a copy of any worksheet there.
>
> I'm very new to sage myself, so perhaps I have not yet found the
> optimum solution.  For the moment, I am embedding latex math equations
> in html, like:

> The html explanatory notes go between the cells, and are entered after
> clicking the "Edit" button while viewing a worksheet.  You can see an
> example of what I created:
>
> https://99.240.209.8:8000/home/pub/11

You can also shift-click on the blue bar to bring up a nice editor, in
which you can enter latex code like you did above.  This basically is a
nice way of editing text in between cells.

For an example, do what you did above (put that text in between the
cells) and then go back to the worksheet and doubleclick on the math.
It should pop up the editor and let you edit it.

Jason